Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Knitting Scarves

Needlework Tuesday is an occasional post detailing my needlework and/or crafting projects.

It's been so long since I posted anything that I almost forgot how to do it. It's been crazy around here, but I finally managed to get back to doing a few knitting projects. The first one is my second temperature scarf. I managed to catch up on this one quite quickly, so I'm mostly up-to-date.
 
So far, it's looking pretty much like the first scarf I made.  In a few weeks, I'd show a side-by-side comparison. 

The second thing I've been working on is another scarf. This one with cables. It comes with a matching hat, which I hope to start at a later date. The colour's a bit off in the photograph. It's actually a mossy-green, not quite as drab as the photograph suggests.
 

I love that it starts out with ribbing. Right now, I have about 38" of the 65" done, so there's still a bit to go. Does it look feminine or masculine to you? I think it looks rather masculine or maybe unisex, but I'd like other opinions.  I'm thinking of giving it as a gift, but don't want to insult the recipient.   

The last thing I hope to be working on later this week is a surprise project.  I finally joined the Mary Maxim Knit Club of the Month. Every month, I'll get a small-ish knitting project delivered in the mail. I thought I'd try it for a few months to see how it goes. I'm not happy with the high shipping charges, but I figured I'd give it a go anyway. I'm looking forward to learning new stitches and working with some new yarns. Can't wait to see what the project is for this month!!! Anyway, that's it for this week.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts. If you've done any crafting this week, I hope you'll consider linking up so other can enjoy your creations.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a knitter Heather I still haven't finished my second sock, I guess I am too addicted to the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your cable scarf is lovely. I'd say it's a unisex project. yes, i wish the colour showed better, but oh well, it happens.

    Great start on your next temperature scarf. I am determined to get caught up on mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!