Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tangled Thursday - Winter

Tangled Thursday is an occasional post on this blog. Heather at Books and Quilts is hosting these challenges in which we share our latest Zentangle inspired creations.

This week I've challenged others to create Zentangle inspired drawings based on the word "winter". It's March already and it doesn't look like this winter is ever going to end. Our temperatures have just started to warm up in the last couple of days, but last night we got a big dump of snow. At least it's not too terribly cold for shoveling.

Anyway, this week I've created two tiles. The first one sort of looks like a snowflake.
Pattern: Paradox

For the second one, I used tangle patterns that "looked" like things I'd see in winter. To me, Bales looks like a patch work quilt, Tipple, like snowballs, Blink looks like my rain chain iced over, Ahh, like snowflakes, Candleglow is obviously fire, Nzeppel reminds me of a frosted window pane, and Chard looks like my boot tread print in the snow.   Sorry, they are out of order.

Patterns: Bales, Tipple, Blink, Ahh, Candleglow, Nzeppel, Chard

Be sure to check out the other "winter" creations on Books and Quilts.   If you'd like to join us, please do so by linking your post to the Mr. Linky on Heather's post.

2 comments:

  1. I am in awe. That Paradox tile is amazing! Love the subtle use of color. I've never tried that pattern, but it's high on my list now.

    Also love your concept for the second tile - and I can see every one of the items represented. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like both tiles and the ideas behind them. Blink reminds me of part of a wedding ring quilt pattern. The shading on the second tile really makes parts look rounded. Well done. This was a fun challenge once again. Thanks for linking up for Tangled Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!