Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Needlework Tuesday - Afghan

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a photo of my leftover-yarn afghan. Well, here's the current photo:
















It's really growing on me, especially since I can really see the stripes now.   I finished tying all of the bits and pieces of yarn together, so from here on in it's just knitting.  I only have a bit more yarn, so it's going to be rather small, but that's ok.  I might start calling it my afghan-ette.

This is the first time I've used a circular needle. It's ok, but I'm not crazy about it.   I like that I don't have to stitch any panels together, but the needle seems to get twisted and I end up fighting against it. Every few rows or so, I try to twist it back into a good position, but it's still not perfect.

My other knitting project, the sky scarf, is also coming along, but since I started this project, it's sort of on the back burner.  I'm behind on the knitting, but I'm still writing down the sky colours each day, which isn't too hard because we've had so many grey and/or snowy days.   I hope to post a photo of it in two weeks. 

Happy Needleworking!

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!