Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas and Holiday Reads

How many of you read books with Christmas or Holiday themes at this time of year? Do you plan ahead? I have good intentions when it comes to books with holiday themes, but usually don't read them because I don't have a plan. I usually get wrapped up in review books or other books and don't leave enough time. About two weeks ago, I noticed that I have a number of them sitting around here and figured this year that it was time to read a few of them.

My plan is to read as many as I can between now and the end of the year. So far so good. I've already read two of them. By the way, it was these two titles that spurred this desire to create a plan: 
1) I Am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley. I adore Flavia and really wanted to read this one in a timely fashion.
2) The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman. I realized the other day that this review book has been sitting on my to-be-read shelf for two Christmases already. I couldn't let another holiday go by without tackling this one.

Stay tuned for these reviews. I have a few more waiting in the wings; one review book and a bunch of others from my personal collection.

Do you read holiday-themed books at this time of year?  Which ones are you planning on reading this year?  Have you started?

1 comment:

  1. I've thought for several years that I wanted to make a Christmas tree like that in our house. Totally forgot about it till now.

    I read lots of Christmas books each year. When I was buying for the library, I ordered nearly everything I could find with a Christmas theme (within reason) and read them all in October and November as soos as they came in.

    This year I've only read a couple (since I'm paying for my own books now) but still like them. After I've read them, I use them to decorate around the house - a stack of Christmas-theme books with a Santa figurine on top, or some such thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!