Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Needlework Tuesday - On Wednesday

It's time again for another instalment of Needlework Tuesday, hosted by Heather at Books and Quilts . Yes, I realize it's Wednesday, but I figure it's better late than never. Right?

Heather was kind and generous enough to send me a couple of knitting/crochet books. I already have my eye on a project (or several projects) in the knitting book, however, I'm going to have to brush up on my crocheting before attempting anything out of the other book. It should be fun. Thanks a lot Heather. You inspire me.








The next set of projects comes from the "vault". Because I'm still moving/unpacking boxes from our move 2.5 years ago, I'm finding "new" stuff all the time. Just the other day, I found a small box labelled Hardanger.

I fell in love with this craft the first time I saw it. It's amazing. Here are two of the projects I've completed. There are a few more, but they must be in another box somewhere. I hope by the time I move again, I'll have unpacked all of the boxes from the last move. *sigh*







Doily








Small pillow








Close up of the detailed section.

I still have some of the supplies and a couple of books. However, it's been many, many years since I've attempted this stitching. I really hope to pick it up again one day.

That's it for now. Don't forget to pop over to Heather's website Books and Quilts to see her finished boxer shorts. How cute! Also, Lit and Laundry is working on a beautiful autumn needlepoint.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are beautiful. It looks so difficult. I have patterns for different kinds of drawn thread work but I've never attempted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Hardanger years ago and loved doing it. I hope that someday I will do more. Your projects are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!