Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hey, isn't this blog supposed to be about books?

Why, yes it is! Thanks for asking. As you can understand, this flood is dominating my conversations, thoughts and dreams. It's really hard getting back into reading, writing reviews and talking books with all of this water and worry surrounding me. Having said that I should have a review or two posted shortly with more to come, I hope.

A note to publishers/publicists/authors: I'm unable to take any more review books until I've cleared the backlog that's accumulated. As for the backlog, I'm am working through those books as quickly as I can. I hope you understand. If you have any concerns, please contact me directly at the email address on the contact tab.

Book Deliveries: For the few books that are already on the way, the couriers are not able to get through to our house as our driveway is still underwater. I have made arrangements with one of them (Purolator) to call me when a package shows up, but to date I haven't been contacted and have no idea if I will be. The other carriers were unable to make such arrangements. Any undeliverable book will most likely be sent back. :(

We have no idea how long our driveway will be impassable. Our mail delivery has been reliable (as far as we know) and as long as Canada Post doesn't strike I should be able to receive books that way.

Thanks for your understanding.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I didn't even get to thinking about mail delivery. those courier guys do a good job, but who knows about impassable streets.

    Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!