Monday, April 4, 2011

HarperCollins March Madness - The Finals!

At long last, we've reached the finals for HarperCollins's March Madness.

Two books remain. It's head-to-head matchup between Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express and J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit.

A few weeks ago I never would have guessed that these two books would be vying against each other for the overall title. Sadly, I haven't read either of them, but from what I've heard both are great. Either one of them would make an excellent addition to the Hall of Fame.

I'm definitely going to be voting for Murder on the Orient Express because I'm a mystery fan. I know The Hobbit is hugely popular, too and I did try to read it once a long time ago, but it just wasn't for me.

Go vote now, then enter the contest. You could win all 64 books!

Who are you voting for?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I voted for Agatha Christie but it looks like we're in the minority. Only 15% voted for Murder on the Orient Express. I've read both and I always felt like The Hobbit was kind of an afterthought to The Lord of the Rings. Whereas Murder on the Orient Express was gripping all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for replying Wendy. When I tried to read "The Hobbit" it didn't feel accessible to me.

    As a mystery fan, I just can't vote against Agatha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!