Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Needlework Tuesday - More socks and House Projects

It's time for another instalment of "Needlework Tuesday", which I first saw over at Heather's blog, Books and Quits.

I didn't get that much done in the crafting department this week. I did manage to start another pair of socks, though. These ones have HEELS and TOES! I'm using Patons' Kroy Socks yarn (Paint Box) with a free pattern for Kroy Socks - Jacquard & Stripe Socks from their website. I was a little disappointed that the socks weren't working up in stripes (little did I know that not all of the Kroy Socks yarns did that), but I'm actually really liking the zigzag pattern that's sort of emerging. This one knitted up very quickly to this point. I'm sure it'll slow down now, though, as I'm about to start the heel. Here's what I have done so far:






















As for my ill-fitting yoga socks, I asked Heather about washing them in hot water to shrink them a bit. She gave me some great tips. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to try it yet. I hope to do that soon.

I haven't done a lot of crafting because we've been busy painting again. The never ending project that's also known as "Ridding This House of Yellow Walls, Wallpaper Borders and Stippled Ceilings". IMO, stippled ceilings should be outlawed. Anyway, this time we are painting the living room/hallway wall. It's one long wall that's partly in the living room and partly in the hallway. This wall is going to be an accent wall in orange (think Home Depot with a bit of cinnamon thrown in.) We are using top-of-the-line paint and it's going over a very light yellow, but because the orange is so intense it's going to take many, many coats. We've already done 4 coats and it's probably going to need at least one, maybe a few more to get full coverage. Had I known this, I would have picked another colour. *sigh* At least it's not a whole room.

That's it for this week. Go check out what Heather has been up to. She's working on a beautiful new quilt in gorgeous colours as well as her socks.

1 comment:

  1. love the new wool colour you are working with. I am thinking I'd like to make some of those yoga socks for my daughter's voice teacher. she also teaches yoga for performers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!