Monday, March 14, 2011

HarperCollins March Madness - Round Three

It's Round #3 of HarperCollins March Madness. Sixteen books remain. Only one of my original 10 favourites! (Go, Book, Go!) As it turns out, it's the only one of the remaining bunch that I've read. It's so sad, I know. There weren't too many surprises this time for me. I kept a really close eye on this round and voted like my life depended on it. I so need to get a life.

To vote click here. If you play along you are eligible to win all 64 books. That would be so cool!

Here's my remaining favourite:










The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill. The sensational story about the tragic life of Aminata Diallo, a slave girl. Unforgettable characters.

Anyway, how did you do with your predictions? Any surprises this time? Are your favourites still in the race?

One more thing, as I looked over the list this morning, I realized that I have 12 of the remaining books on my to-be-read shelf. Actually, it's more like a to-be-read mountain or Mt. TBR. So, I'm looking for recommendations. Have you read any of the remaining books? Which one would you recommend for me to read?

1 comment:

  1. Marie, you really should read The Art of Racing in the Rain. This is the BookCrossing entry for the copy I read. As you can see it was well loved by all who read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!