Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bloggiesta Update

I spent about 4 hours yesterday (Friday) working on my blog.

Here's what I got done:
• visited 10 blogs/commented on 10 blogs. At first, I was thinking I was going to visit all blogging participates and leave a comment. HA! I know now that there are just too many. I will, however, make time to visit more today and hopefully many more tomorrow.

• cleaned up old tags. I looked at the one tag that was driving me nuts, but I'm still undecided what to do about it. So I did nothing. :(

• cleaned up several broken links. I don't know if I caught them all, but it's a start.

• added a few tags to reviews as I was added them to review pages.

• Added 22 old reviews to review pages (title and author). There are lots more to do.

• create a Facebook page for my blog. I'm not sure if I'm done, but here's what I did for this:
- Created a FB fan page and added it to Networked Blogs.
- Added Networked Blog box to my blog.
- Syndicated blog to my personal Facebook page, blog Fan page and my personal Twitter account.
- Added a FB badge to blog
- invited some friends to "like" me. A HUGE thanks to those who already have.

That's it for now. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but today I'm going to be writing reviews. I'm still haven't written reviews for the books I read when I had a cold at Christmas time. I'm not even sure I remember that much about them. Wish me luck.

Olé.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you got a few good things done!

    You know, we "met" first at the last Bloggiesta, when you asked people what they thought of your new blog design and I gave you some comments.

    Nice you've moved forward and now have a facebook page for your blog. I dont

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by you, I've set up Networked Blogs for my blog on Facebook, too! Thanks for the walkthrough on how you did it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!