Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's time for Canada Reads!

You've probably already heard that Canada Reads is shaking things up for its tenth anniversary. It's a great way for all of us to be heard and to be involved in the selection process. Here are the details in case you missed them.

There's still lots of time to nominate a book. To do so, head over to the recommendation form and fill-in your selection.

If you read my blog at the beginning of the year, you might remember me gushing about Cathy Buchanan's The Day the Fall Stood Still ( my review). I nominated it because it remains one of my all-time favourites and in my opinion deserves to be chosen as the Canada Reads selection for 2011. Haven't read it yet? Click on the book title above for a sneak peak.

So, have you nominated a book yet? What did you pick?

7 comments:

  1. I nominated the same book! Last year I read 270 books and "The Day the Falls Stood Still" made it to the #1 position of my favourite book at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! It's such a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, at your urging I went and submitted The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Heather! I haven't read that one. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Marie and Nicola. Where would I be without you bloggers?

    P.S. Best Laid Plans is a riot so nice pick, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Here's hoping both books make the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome Cathy! Thanks for stopping by. Good Luck in Canada Reads.

    Hi Terry, I've heard such good things about your book, but I'm sorry to say I haven't read it yet. I hope to rectify that soon. Good Luck in Canada Reads! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!