Monday, June 14, 2010

Wreck This Journal - The Guts - Part XIII

With the big Bloggiesta this weekend, I completely forgot to post my progress on Keri Smith's Wreck This Journal. I completed one that was a work-in-progress and started two others.

Anyway, here's my update for week 13 of my journal wrecking adventure:






















Burn This Page:I just added some flames. Ok, so they don't look like flames, but I tried. I should have looked it up on the internet to get an idea of what they should look like, but I didn't think of it until it was too late. I'm going to stop here before I wreck it more than I already have.



















Do Some Rubbings with a Pencil:I tried a few items (on scrap paper) before settling on coins. I think the paper is a little thick to get many details. If you look closely enough, you can make out the twoonies.














Glue in a Page from a Magazine. Circle Words you Like:We don't have many magazines in the house. The only ones we get are the free ones that come with the newspaper. I couldn't find any articles that I found appealing, but I did find these great pictures of diamonds. Who doesn't like diamonds? I made my husband study the pictures while I was taking this photograph. The page looks like it needs something else. Probably a work in progress.

Links to other updates: The Beginning, Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI, Part VII, Part VIII, Part IX, Part X, Part XI, Part XII.

I'll see you next Sunday for another update.

6 comments:

  1. There is an award for you on my blog
    http://readingreadingandlife.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-this-to-start-off-my-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I actually have a writers notebook that ends up looking pretty worn. I might have to join this. Thanks for the idea. This was my first visit to your blog. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. think of your flames as a view from above with them radiating outward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SenoraG. That's very nice of you.

    Thanks for stopping by wisteria. I hope you give it a try.

    Thanks Heather. That's what I was going for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try a book by Smith for awhile now. Glad to see you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Vasilly. I have a few of Smith's books. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!