Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's Bloggiesta Time!

I'm so excited to be participating in my first Bloggiesta. What's a Bloggiesta you ask? Well, it's a blogging marathon taking place over three days, June 11 - 13. It's hosted by Natasha over at Maw Books Blog. Here's the signup post and all of the details.

My main goal is to connect with other bloggers and to find some new blogs to read and follow. For me a huge added bonus would be to gain some new followers, but I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't. I just want to have fun, meet some new people and catch up on some blogging tasks.

As far as blogging tasks go, here's my list:
- New layout
- Clean out and add my to Google Reader
- Clean up Edwards Magazine links and other links
- Clean up tags
- Write reviews
- Write Review policy page
- Write an About Me page
- Clean up/add to sidebars i.e. GoodReads
- Add to Blogroll
- Create templates for reviews/future reads
- Create a cheat sheet for HTML codes
- Visit the Blogging Tips Group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve my blog
- Participate in some mini-challenges, which might cover some of these items.

And a few maybes:
- Create a Facebook page for my blog
- Create a Favicon and/or Gravatar

Now that I look at the list, I'm not sure how I'm going to get that all done, but we'll see. I'm planning to spend at least 3-4 hours a day on this. I don't want to burnout on my first Bloggiesta.

I'm probably forgetting something but I think I'm ready to go.

Wish me luck!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! I won't be able to check in on your progress until after the weekend but good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you...as excited as I am to get some bloggy stuff done and complete the mini-challenges, one of the things I'm most excited about is interacting with everyone else participating :)

    Good luck this weekend, hope things go well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining in too and have many of the same items as you on my to-do list. Good luck with all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your main goal is so nice! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Party, Party, Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck..I hope that you're able to get a lot accomplished.

    http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a template for my reviews and felt like I had already accomplished a lot. You have a great list and I look forward to seeing your final post:) Good Luck this weekend!
    http://tilwereadagain.blogspot.com/2010/06/bloggiesta-starting-line.html
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Mystee.

    Thanks Bobbie. A template is a great accomplishment. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the look of your blog already, but it's fun to change things...I'm a constant changer!

    I have been finding great ideas as I float around the 'sphere.

    In case you'd like to visit me, I'm at http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/06/11/bloggiesta-starting-post/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to organize my bloggiesta commenting too...I don't know how I'm going to keep up with how everyone else is doing on their bloggiesta goals and do mine as well. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

    You've got a nice list to work with, good luck with them! Organization makes people happy or so my Mom says. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goals! Definitely things all bloggers need to do at one point or another. I'm scared to have a blogroll b/c it would be amazingly long and take up a lot of space. Have fun with bloggiesta-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Laurel-Rain,
    If this is your first visit, you're seeing the already-changed layout of my blog. I played with it today. I'm glad you like it. ;)

    Hi Rowena,
    I'm struggling with that, too. I figured I'd work on my during the day and visit in the evenings. I'm already behind.

    Thanks to both of you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!