Monday, June 14, 2010

Bloggiesta - The Finish Line

I made it. The finish line. Woohoo! I'm so glad I joined in on the fun for this Bloggiesta. I had a blast and got some stuff done on my blog. Of course, I didn't get everything done I wanted to, but I now have a nice list to tackle in the future. I think my first Bloggiesta was extremely successful. I can't wait for the next one.

The mini-challenges I completed:
Mini-Challenge: Blog Improvement Project
Mini-Challenge: Clean Up Your Reader Feeder
Mini-Challenge: Create a Favicon and Gravatar
Mini-Challenge: Set up RSS Feeds

Other tasks:
- New layout. (This was a huge accomplishment for me.)
- Cleaned up a few tags and links.
- Created a template for reviews.
- Started reviews for 12 future reads.
- Started my review policy. (not enough to enter the mini-challenge).
- Wrote two reviews.
- Added some publisher links to my new link page.
- Review some of the other mini-challenges for future consideration.
- Added a few blogs to my Google Reader.

Total time spent:
about 13 hours over the 3 days.

I'm afraid I forgot to count the number of other blogs I visited or how many comments I left. I was quickly overwhelmed by the RSS Bloggiesta feed. I know I didn't get to everyone, probably not even a quarter of the participants. I hope to visit more of them in the next couple of weeks.

A huge thank you to Natasha at Maw Books Blog for hosting this Bloggiesta and for making it a whole lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. You did manage to do quite a bit! Very nice. I spent about the same amount of time, and also thought it went well.

    I also was overwhelmed by the Bloggiesta RSS and skipped a lot but did look at random posts here and there as well (like yours!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was a little burnt out at the end. Next time, I have to pace myself a bit more.

    I still hope to visit more bloggers who took part. Hopefully, I'll find some time this week.

    Thanks for stopping by and for subscribing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks great! I love the favicon and gravatar, and the way everything in your design works together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!