Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wreck This Journal - The Guts - Part I

If you read my post earlier in the week, you might remember that I decided to join Cindy from Cindy's Love of Books on her journal wrecking adventure. We are both using Keri Smith's Wreck This Journal for this project.

I've decided that some of the pages are going to be works in progress. I'll do a little each week until I'm either happy with the result or I just can't possibly do anymore with it. Progress will depend on inspiration and time. I've included all of the pages I've started on and will post more photos as more work is done on them.

Anyway, here's what I have done to date:

This Book Belongs To: A work in progress. Needs more colour.

















Poke Holes in This Page Using a Pencil:I'm somewhat happy with this one. I'll probably doodle a little more to fill in some of the white space.



















Collect Fruit Stickers Here:Needless to say I've been working on this one for awhile. We eat lots of bananas, Ambrosia apples, avocados and lemons. No rhyme or reason. Pick up a piece of fruit, peel off sticker, place in book. Not that imaginative, but it works for me.















Sew This Page Sewing on paper is not as easy as it looks. It takes time. It was fun, though. This is another one that I'll work on as time permits. It just occured to me that I could cut the page from the book, do some more sewing and then glue it back in. That would be so (or sew) much easier. I'll give it some thought.



















Collect the Stamps Off of All Your Mail: Now that we are getting less snail mail this one is going to be harder to complete. However, I recently found a stack of old stamps a relative had been saving. Some of them will complete this page nicely.














A Page for Four-Letter Words If I'd been thinking I would have varied the letter size and used different writing utensils to create this page. It's pretty plain and maybe too literal.



















Anyway, that's it for now. Click here to see what Cindy did this week.

I forgot to mention that if you'd like to play along, check out Cindy's original post about the book. [You don't need to buy the book to do so.]

See you next Sunday for another update.

3 comments:

  1. daughter and I went shopping this evening and bought her a copy of this book for her birthday. She won't receive it till thursday. She is so excited she is practically jumping around. We are thinking that we should purchase another copy for Bookcrossing purposes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..so creative, and i also want to to this in my books! love it♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!