Sunday, December 30, 2007

Big Boned by Meg Cabot

In Big Boned, Heather Wells, former pop star and sometime amateur detective, is working as an administrative assistant at New York College. She comes to work one morning and finds her boss shot dead in his office. When a colleague’s love interest is arrested for the murder, Heather springs into action to clear his name and find the real culprit. She works on the case all the while dealing with (or is that “avoiding”) her math professor boyfriend, Tad, the strike on campus, Cooper, and her father. She’s one busy gal. I’m surprised she can hold it together.

I loved this book. It’s laugh out loud funny and a delightful read. It was exactly what I needed at this time of year…a nice escape and a good laugh. Cabot’s writing is witty and her characters are fun to read about. I just about fell over with laughter when Heather took up running. [I hope she finds her uterus. I just about lost mine laughing so hard.]

While I haven’t read the first two books in the Heather Wells “series”, I have read Boy Meets Girl by Cabot. I loved it. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for more of Cabot’s work, especially the first two instalments featuring Heather.

I can’t wait to find out what happens next. Do things work out with “name withheld to prevent a spoiler”? I guess we’ll all find out in the next book.

Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!