Monday, April 16, 2007

Post-Mortem by Patricia Cornwell

In Post-Mortem, Kay Scarpetta is trying to find maniac killer who’s leaving very few clues for her to follow. Someone is trying to interfere with the investigation while the body count continues to rise. Kay could become the next victim as her department comes under scrutiny.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one from Cornwell. It has a very good story that is straightforward and easy to follow (unlike a few of her other works). The characters are strong and believable. However, Scarpetta seems too hard-hearted for me. I don’t like soft, mushy characters, but Kay just seems too “cold”.

Highly recommended. I have a few more from Cornwell that I have to read yet. I hope most of them are at least as good as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!